dimanche, septembre 27, 2009

The Reeling Wheeling Constellation


(for the dead)

It is nigh the broken-glass dawn
With its charade of dew and birds
Already its cool wet tongue
Licks my toes like a dog's

I arise from a bed of mud
Drunk still and floating
Several inches above the ground
And I hit my head on the sky

I have dreamt this place, I think
With its watercolour trees
That stretch their limbs across the world
Like drunk wallpaper
or dead dancers

There is sky falling through the branches
In a raid of silent divebombers
And the heady scented poppies
Are the ever-loving bombs

I have tried to hit the ground running
Sunk as I was and legless
I have felt twinges of yearning
Between the sweet blows of the sunshine

They condemn me these rays of gold
That tear at the fluff of the clouds
And etch their anger at the back of my eyes
To bliss atrocious
or razorblade tenderness
I have felt the love of the murdered for the blade.





Summer 2004 - woke up in the forest, hungover for the first time in my life.

Aucun commentaire: